The monthly Breakfast Chat meetings were established in 2009 to give citizens an opportunity to sit down with Council Members and other City of Peoria Staff to discuss a variety of topics and concerns. The public is welcome and encouraged to attend. Room 112
Council Member Jim Montelongo will be hosting his Coffee & Conversation from 7:30 a.m. to 8:30 a.m. at Panera Bread at West Lake Shopping Center.
Please come meet with Peoria Council Member Jim Montelongo and discuss City Council issues that primarily impact 4th district residents. The community is welcome to attend and discuss issues that impact their home, neighborhood or city.
Council Member Denis Cyr will be hosting his Coffee & Conversation from 11:00 a.m. to noon. at Barrack's Cater Inn Banquet Center located at 1224 W. Pioneer Parkway.
Please come meet with Peoria Council Member Denis Cyr and discuss City Council issues that primarily impact 5th district residents. Mask wearing and social distance guidelines will be required for the safety of all in attendance. Tables will be set up accordingly. The community is welcome to attend and discuss issues that impact their home, neighborhood or city.
Governor JB Pritzker’s Executive Order 2020-07, as amended and extended through Executive Order 2021-06, limits meetings to the lesser of 25 persons or 25% of the overall room capacity. Governor JB Pritzker’s Executive Order 2020-07, as amended and extended through 2021-06, requires that public bodies take steps to provide video, audio, and/or telephonic access to meetings. The CDC recommends social distancing of at least six feet between persons. City Hall is currently open to the public Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. To comply with these recommendations and requirements, the City is implementing the following changes and restrictions for the City Council Meeting on April 13, 2021 while complying with the spirit of the Open Meetings Act:
• A City Council Meeting will be held on April 13, 2021 at 6:00 p.m. in City Council Chambers.
• The City Council Meeting will be conducted in person with the members of the Council, Mayor, City Manager, Corporation Council, City Clerk, and Deputy City Clerk present. Plexiglass has been installed between desks to prevent the spread of COVID-19.
• There is a room capacity restriction of 25 persons inside City Council Chambers at one time. There will be a wait to enter City Council Chambers once the overall capacity of 25 persons is met. Due to room capacity limitations, the public is invited and strongly encouraged to watch through the following channels:
o City of Peoria live stream at http://peoriail.granicus.com/MediaPlayer.php?publish_id=8
o YouTube live stream at https://www.youtube.com/user/cityofpeoriatv
o Television broadcast through local channel 22
o Radio broadcast through WCBU radio
• Anyone wishing to make a public comment can do so by making their public comments live if they are physically present during the City Council Meeting. Members of the public can send their comments to City Clerk, Beth Ball by 12:00 p.m. on April 13, 2021. Public comments can be sent to the City Clerk, in writing, at email@example.com or via fax at 309-494-8574. The email or fax should be labeled “Public Comment for April 13, 2021 City Council Meeting,” and we ask that you include your name and address. If a member of the public is physically present for the City Council Meeting and they already sent a public comment in writing to the City Clerk, then they will have the option to make that previously submitted written comment live instead of the comment being read by the City Clerk.
• Media will be allowed to physically attend the meeting; however, due to capacity restrictions only one person from a media outlet will be allowed inside City Council Chambers.
• Temperature screenings are required for access inside City Hall. Face coverings are required to be worn at all times inside City Hall.
• The agenda, minutes and a video podcast or the meeting will be available online at http://www.peoriagov.org/city-council/meetings/.
Event Details: Who: Public Works, Peoria Park District and South-West Kiwanis Club What: Annual Tree Planting Ceremony, Royal Raindrop Flowering Crab Where: Peoria Riverfront, Constitution Garden, 101 Morton Street, Peoria, Ill. When: Friday, April 30, 10 a.m.