EnglishEspañolDeutsch简体中文FrançaisالعربيةTiếng Việtहिन्दी日本語한국어
Need help? 309.494.CARE (2273)


City of Peoria, Illinois Public Works Department

City of Peoria Code of Ordinances

The City of Peoria Code is available online at www.municode.com.

EEO Certification

Any business providing a good or service to the City must have an EEO Certification Number from the Equal Opportunity Office by completing the Employer Report Form CC-1 or the Renewal Application.

Manual on Uniform Traffic Control Devices

The City of Peoria uses the Illinois Manual on Uniform Traffic Control Devices as the standard for traffic control. It is available on the Illinois Department of Transportation website.

Americans with Disabilities Act Guidelines for Curb Ramps and Pedestrian Crossings

Curb ramp construction must comply with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) standards. A summary of these standards is available on the ADA website.

Sidewalk and Driveway Construction Guidelines for Contractors

The Public Works Department publishes a general guidebook for contractors on sidewalk and driveway construction in the City of Peoria. The guidebook and more information can be found in the Sidewalk and Drive Approach section of the Permits page. Call the City of Peoria Right-of-Way Permits Section at (309)494-8800 for questions.

Sump Pumps

Sump pumps are used to pump ground water away from a basement foundation. Typically the pumps only run when it is rainy and for a short time after the rain stops. Sometimes a foundation may be located near an underground spring or near soils that are more permeable; these sump pumps will run often, even when it is not raining. A discharge is when the sump pump is actively pumping or discharging water. Please report sump pump discharge issues to Community Development at (309) 494-8600.
Sump-Pump-Brochure-rev-4.8.19_1554745046.pdf Sump Pump Brochure

Temporary Signs Placed in the Right-Of-Way

Private signs are prohibited in the City of Peoria right-of-way. Yard signs (including but not limited to, political, yard sale or temporary business signs) may not be placed in the right-of-way and will be removed by the Public Works Department. Call (309) 494-8800 for more information or to make a complaint regarding signs in the right-of-way.

For information on Coronavirus (COVID-19) CLICK HERE