The Roof Program helps twenty (20) low-income homeowners afford needed roof repairs each year.
Households are selected through a digital lottery system. The lottery is made public, but applicants do not need to watch the lottery to be selected to receive a new roof. There is a limit of one entry per household, but there is no limit to the total number of households that may enter the lottery.
- Must have current homeowners’ insurance
- Must be at or below the income limit for the household size
- Must be current on property taxes
- Cannot have any outstanding code violations in the yard or driveway
- Cannot owe the City any money
How to Apply
The 2023 Roof Program Lottery Application will be available online from January 17th - February 10th.
There are three ways to enter the Roof Program Lottery:
- Online: Roof Program Lottery Application.
- Call: (309)-494-8600 and request a paper application be mailed to you
- In-Person: City Hall, 419 Fulton Street, Room 203, Peoria, IL 61602 (Monday-Friday, 8:00 AM - 12:00 PM)
There is a limit of one lottery entry per household. Applying to the Roof Program does not guarantee assistance.
Online Application Training Video
Watch the Roof Program Application Training Video to see how easy it is to apply online today.
Roof Lottery Results
2023 Roof Lottery Results
The lottery will be held on GoToMeeting on Tuesday, February 14th at 10:00 AM.
You can attend the lottery through your computer, tablet, or smartphone by visiting this link.
You can call in to the meeting with your phone by calling 1-88-899-4679. Type in access code: 235-016-637 to enter the meeting.
You do not need to attend the lottery to be selected. All applicants will be contacted by City staff in the days following the drawing. The list of selected applicants, including the waitlist, will be posted here.