I think I have rats on my property. What do I do?

The City has a Rat Abatement Program to reduce the threat of rats in Peoria. If you observe rat activity, call and report it to Code Enforcement at 309-494-8654.

A Code Enforcement Inspector will inspect the property for environmental violations, confirm the location of the burrows, and arrange for an extermination visit. The extermination visit will only be scheduled if all environmental violations such as litter, debris, rubbish, or rat food sources have been removed from the property.

Show All Answers

1. I am having safety concerns about the dead tree in a public right-of-way. Who do I call?
2. Is it really legal for a Code Enforcement Inspector to inspect my private property?
3. I think I have rats on my property. What do I do?
4. I would like to get involved in recycling. Are there any recycle programs that I can participate in?
5. My apartment has mice, roaches, or ants. Who is responsible for pest control?
6. My case has been referred to the Administrative Hearing Officer. Where do I go?
7. My neighbor's tree has branches that hang over my property. What can I do about it?
8. There is a wild animal wandering my neighborhood. What do I do?
9. What do I do with my old tires?
10. When does yard waste collection begin and end?
11. Where can I find the codes Code Enforcement is enforcing?
12. Who do I call if my home (or apartment) has mold?
13. Who is Code Enforcement?
14. Why can't I park my car anywhere I want to on my property?
15. Why did the City cut my grass or clean my yard and send me a bill?