Nonprofit Capital Program
The city of Peoria Nonprofit Capital Program supports non-profit organizations that serve Peoria residents in low-income households in making eligible capital improvements to their facilities. A total of $450,000 is dedicated to the Nonprofit Capital Program to fund eligible capital improvements.
Application requests must be between $50,000 and $75,000.
The 2023 Nonprofit Capital Program Application will be available online starting Monday, February 6th.
- Application Opens: February 6
- Application Closes: March 17 at 2:00 PM
- Commissioners review and evaluate applications
- CDBG Public Service Commission meets to discuss funding recommendation: April 21 at 8:30 AM
- City Council votes on funding recommendation: May 9
Nonprofit Capital Program Application Training
Watch the Nonprofit Capital Program Application Training video to see how easy it is to apply online today.
This funding must be used towards structural improvements for a facility operated by the applicant that serves low-income residents at the facility.
These improvements can include:
- A roof replacement
- The installation of a major mechanical system
- Purchase of vans to transport clients
- Other major structural needs
Ineligible items include:
- Building acquisition
- Ongoing maintenance costs
- Construction equipment
- Staff expenses
- Office furnishing such as tables, chairs, cubicles, etc.
Please view the full application guidelines (PDF) for full details on the program.
Updated program guidelines allow for organizations with a minimum of a three-year lease and a signed owner approval form to be eligible for the program. All organizations must agree to a 3-year Use Restriction recorded against the property. View and download an Owner Approval of Rehabilitation (PDF). All projects must be completed within 6 months.
Completed applications are reviewed by the CDBG Public Service Commission. Agencies will be notified of funding decisions following City Council approval.